Monday 26 April 2010

Visit Wonderland whenever you want.....

Saturday April 3rd saw me and a friend, take ourselves out of the normal hustle bustle of London town and down a magic rabbit hole..... Which dropped us in London Bridge at Jack's, a fairly low key venue but home to many a random rave and party for the fun loving dance heads of this city.....
My contact at the gathering told me to look out for a March hare, who will show us the night of our lives....and I can happily say it was true!
I rocked up dressed in homage
to Alice herself, and the warm welcome on the door was refreshing, and uplifting. As we opened the door into Wonderland's caverns, an array of beautiful neon colours bombarded my eyes, the place was stunningly decorated in fantastical trees, giant mushrooms, with an array of lampshades hanging from the ceiling.
In the first room, where mainly the live bands showed their skills, they had a large table with tea pots, cups and saucers, and placed on one side, sat the mad hatter, busily painting young ladies in body paints, stunning flowe
rs that curved along their bodies and flashed in the neon lights. Like a little child I ran straight over and begged to be painted, so far a pound and a smile I got my wish and we were off to check out the other room....
En route we could hear throbbing Drum'n'Bass, a sound that always makes me shiver in excitement, tucked between the main musical areas, sat a mini house, with a giant mushroom growing in its garden, most exciting, but I knew that more drink would need to be had before I'd fit into that space
easily...
The second room was banging! Amazing bass and so many happy people, large crayons scattered about the room, and LED POI's being swung about like no tomorrow. Amusement on all levels, and hey we'd even found the bar, SCORE!hehe
We danced for quite a while in that room, smiles from ear to ear on everyone's faces, it was fantastic. In face i've never been to a night where, within 6 hours I had met so many nice people, and had even exchanged numbers! London can be soooo stifling at times, with people choosing to stick to their friends rather than make the time to get to know each other, or just make silly conversation. I think the surreal factor makes people talk more, why worry about what people think, lets have some fun!!
And for me, I'm now a follower of wonderland, because it represents everything I want from a night out. Smiley faces, happy people, happy vibes AND it all goes to a good cause....
Yes, thats right, all the profit made at the event is donated to charity, this means that you're having fun and also supporting a blimmin good cause.
Last year they gave £3167.63 to Cancer Research, this year they are supporting
Wonder years, a charity working to improve the standard of living for people living in underprivileged communities in The Gambia.
The next event is the 14th May 2010 and is called the Elysian Project and is being held at the Islington Metal Works, all details are on their Facebook page. Please take a look and see what you think.
If you want a night where no-one judges you, where you can dress up raver stylee, enjoy good music and random fun. Elysian is defo the place to be! I've already persuaded half my friendship group to come so QUICK! before all the tickets run out!
Wonderland also has a facebook group which tells you about all of the other events they run, or try their website for even more updates and details....

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for those kind words =D n thank you for coming down was an absolute pleasure having u there!

in case any one is interested in coming down n joining the fun our web site is...

www.wonderlandfestival.co.uk

hope to see you in wonderland soon

=D